The IT/Special Projects Coordinator performs a variety of task directly related to providing and supporting quality and successful business operations at Matagorda Medical Group. Essential job duties include the management of all Information Technology systems and quality reporting and supporting the Practice Manager with development and implementation of administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
- Serves as administrative authority for all clinic providers and staff regarding any information Technology systems, including Athena EMR, standard office equipment, and hospital network per established clinic protocol.
- Manages performance requirements and escalates issues to Practice Manager for support and assistance as needed.
- Serves as Matagorda Medical Group’s Privacy Officer; conducts routine surveillance of all staff to ensure HIPAA compliance and maintains and updates group’s security and privacy policies per established clinic protocol.
- Supports the Practice Manager with development and implementation of new and existing administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
- Uses the utmost tact and diplomacy while interacting with patients and staff to ensure excellent patient care and employee satisfaction. Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling complaints regarding staff and refers to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Adheres to confidentiality and privacy guidelines in accordance with all Matagorda Medical Group policies and HIPAA requirements to protect patient’s personal and financial information.
- Maintains good relations with patients, staff, and other departments.
- Other related duties assigned as the job requires.
- Three or more years of relevant outpatient clinic experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of patient flow.
- IT experience in an outpatient clinic setting preferred.
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Basic clerical skills such as answering phones, operating office equipment and coordinating workflow.
- Ability and willingness to interact with all patients and coworkers in a professional and helpful manner.
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing and walking. Lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Lifting and/or moving items up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
Hours Required: Full time
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports To: Medical Practice Manager