Title: Medical Receptionist
The Medical Receptionist performs a variety of tasks directly related to providing and supporting quality patient care. Essential job duties include providing excellent service by greeting and assisting patients over the phone and in person, scheduling patient appointments, and providing physician administrative support according to established Matagorda Medical Group protocol.
- Welcome and assists patients and visitors as they contact the office personally or by telephone.
- Schedules patient appointments based on pre-determined physician and clinic protocol. Informs patients of what information to bring and any expected payment due at time of visit.
- Collects and registers new patient information; verifies, updates, and maintains current patient information per established clinic protocol.
- Records and verifies all patient insurance information.
- Collects any payment due and records time of service payments, Informs patients of any outstanding account balances and collects payment per established clinic protocol.
- Works closely with the medical staff to ensure a smooth patient flow and excellent patient satisfaction.
- Uses the utmost tact and diplomacy while interacting with patients to ensure excellent patient care and satisfaction. Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints and refers to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Adheres to confidentiality and privacy guidelines in accordance with all Matagorda Medical Group policies and HIPAA requirements to protect patient’s personal and financial information.
- Prepares daily transaction reports and daily deposits.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointments and follows up with patients regarding missed appointments.
- Maintains patient waiting areas and front desk areas in an organized and functional manner.
- Assists patients in distress by calmly and efficiently responding to emergency situations per established clinic protocol.
- Answers calls and takes complete messages or directs to other staff as appropriate.
- Maintains good relations with patients, staff, and other departments.
- Makes copies and sends records or reports to other providers when requested.
- Other related duties assigned as the job requires.
- High School diploma or GED required. Basic college coursed preferred.
- One year experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Ability to fluently read, write, and speak in English.
- Basic clerical skills such as answering phones, operating office equipment (computer, fax, and copier), and coordinating workflow.
- Ability and willingness to interact with all patients and coworkers in a professional and helpful manner.
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable sitting and standing.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Lifting and/or moving items up to 20 pounds.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
Hours Required: Full time
Reports To: Front Office Supervisor
To apply online, complete the Employment Application here and include position or positions you are applying for.
You may also download the PDF application here and submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.